This week I am the Paper Queen at Paper Playtime,! Our theme this week is 'It's a Guy Thing', and I created two scrapbook layouts based on this theme. Both layouts use the same picture, a shot of my two little cousins driving around in their mini-jeep. They are just TOO CUTE! One layout is for me, and the other is for their mom.
The first is created using papers from a K&Company paper stack. This is the one that is for their mom.
1) I trimmed strips of paper from the papers in the stack to create the horizontal stripes.
2) Adhere journalling block (Sassafrass).
3) Trim a piece of kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink) to 4 1/2 x 6 1/2. Ink the edges of the kraft cardstock using Dark Chocolate Ink (Papertrey Ink), and then mat picture. Adhere picture to background.
4) Transfer 'A Moment in Time' rub-on (Kaiser Scrapbook) to a piece of coordinating patterned paper, trim in half (it was a full circle), and adhere under picture mat.
5) Trim trees, 'camping', and 'adventure' from coordinating patterned paper. Adhere to background.
6) Adhere title using thickers (on the) and rub-ons (move).
7) Adhere picture tabs using sparkly orange brads.
The second was created using papers from the Basic Grey 'Offbeat' collection, and the Sassafrass 'Serendipity' collection.
1) Select background paper.
2) Trim and distress the edges of lined patterned paper (Sassafrass). Adhere to lower portion of background.
3) Tear strips from three coordinating papers and adhere to background, covering left side of lined paper.
4) Adhere journalling sicker (Sassafrass) to upper right portion of lined paper, overlapping onto the background paper.
5) Trim a 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 piece of kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink). Ink the edges of cardstock using Dark Chocolate Ink (Papertrey Ink), and then mat picture onto paper. Wrap lower portion of picture three times in twine, securing with a knot. Adhere matted picture to the lower left corner of the page, covering portions of the lined paper, and the strips of paper.
6) Add title 'on the move' using handmade adhesive chipboard letters by K&Company.
7) Add other half of 'A Moment in Time' rub-on from previous layout.
8) Tie a small piece of twine onto each of two twisted paper clips (Staples) and secure to sides of the matted picture.
I hope you enjoy and are inspired by my layouts for this weeks Paper Playtime theme! Join in and show us what you come up with for this theme! Will it be a card, layout, altered item? I can't wait to see what you create with paper!!
Please leave a comment. I love to hear from you!