Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ladybugs

Hello!

This week over at Paper Playtime the challenge is to create something that ties in with the theme of Bugs, Bees, Ants and Ladybugs.  I do not enjoy bugs in real life....at all....however they are certainly cute on a nice card or scrapbook layout!  I have a sweet little stamp set from Papertrey Ink called Little Lady, which features ladybugs.  Ladybugs are one of my favourite bugs on paper (hehe) - right up there with butterflies and caterpillars, so I was excited about today's theme.  This is what I came up with:





1) I created a decorative border on a strip of 2 1/2 x 11 sheet of Whisper White Cardstock (Stampin' Up!) by randomly stamping images from the Little Lady stamp set (Papertrey Ink).  This is a two-step-stamping set.
          a) First stamp the large ladybug using Real Red and Basic Black Ink (Stampin' Up!)
          b) Second stamp the smaller ladybug using Real Red and Basic Black Ink (Stampin' Up!)
          c) Third stamp the larger flower using Crushed Curry and Basic Black Ink (Stampin' Up!)
          d) Fourth stamp the smaller flower using Crushed Curry and Basic Black Ink (Stampin' Up!)

2) Create the scalloped border using the Papertrey Ink Eyelet Lace border die, Crushed Curry cardstock (Stampin' Up!), and my Cuttlebug, and attach to the back of the decorative strip using glue runner.

3)  Attach decorative border to a sheet of cardstock.  In this case I chose to use a solid colour, 12 x 12 Old Olive by Stampin' Up!.

4) I stamped another large ladybug on a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!) and cut it out with sharp scissors.  After stamping the little dotted 'trail' directly onto the layout, I attached the large ladybug over top of another large ladybug on the decorative border using some foam squares.

5) I adhered my title using my zig two-way glue pen and letters that I have had for awhile.  I THINK they are thickers, but am not 100% sure - I didn't keep the packaging.

6) I attached small black crystals to some of the flower centers (a bit hard to see in the photos) for a bit of sparkle and dimension.

7) Attach a 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 mat, and two 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 mats above the decorative border for pictures.


Hope you enjoy this project!

Please leave a comment.  I love to hear from you!

Lisa

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Lisa, so good to hear from you today. I love your project and all the directions!! Yes, my ribbon is velvet. I'm with you...I hate bugs too.

Hugs~

Tina said...

Hey there - what a great layout. Love the border. I think I need that stamp set. Great job and thanks for sharing.

xo
tina

Cricut Me That said...

Very sweet layout!!

Janis Lewis said...

Hey, Lisa! This is so pretty. And love your new blog layout! :) Janis

>

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin