This week over on Paper Playtime the challenge is to create something using red, white, and blue as the colour theme. I made a quick and easy post card to send to a friend for their birthday.
1) I stamped the calendar image using SU! Calendar Stamp in Stazon Jet Black, and wrote in my dates using my SU! Stampin' Write Basic Black Journaler.
2) I stamped 'July' using SU! Full Calendar, and 'BIG DAY!' using SU! Cute Cues in SU! Real Red, and the arrows using SU! Cute Cues in SU! Pacific Point. Both stamp sets are coordinating sets for the Calendar Stamp.
3) I stamped 'happy bird day' using SU! Picture This hostess set in Pacific Point.
4) I stamped the yellow scalloped border in SU! Crushed Curry, and the red scalloped border in SU! Real Red. Both scallops are from the Sassafras 'Collaged Trip' stamp set.
5) Using an 11 x 1/2' piece of Pacific Point cardstock I created the ruffled border by folding the paper back on itself.
6) Lastly I attached a piece of SU! Real Red grosgrain ribbon to finish it off.
It ended up being around 5 3/4 x 6 5/8, and there is room on the back to write a personal note. I would send this in an envelope, even though it is in postcard format, just to keep the embellishments secure and ensure it arrives safely.
Hope you like my take on this challenge!
Please leave a comment. I love to hear from you!