Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer Card Camp - Week 3

Hello!

The Summer Card Camp, hosted by Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner, is in it's third week, and this week's colour challenge is AWESOME!!!  Here is the combo:

I have to say, the cards I made for this challenge took SO MUCH brain power (hahaha).  I am really trying to break out of my standard mold and use some of the techniques and sketches I have seen.  It is exhausting.  Exhausting, but satisfying.  I definitely LOVE the cards I came up with.  They have the exact same basic design and embellishments, I just couldn't pick between the two background papers, so I made two!! (hehe)  Here is what I came up with:


The basic layout is from a sketch card in Cardmaps (by Scrapbook & Cards Today).

Card #1




Card #2




Cardstock: Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Brown & Kraft Polkadot (MME Lime Twist 'Fly a Kite'), Lined Paper (Prima 'Reflections Collection: Shimmer'), Woodgrain with Cream Flowers (Crate Paper Portrait Collection), Beige Woodgrain (Basic Grey Life of the Party), Cream with Tiny Text (Crate Paper Toy Box Collection)
Stamps: Embellishments (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Fired Brick Distress Ink (Tim Holtz), Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Punches: Classic Butterfly, 3-in-1 Classic Butterfly (Martha Stewart)
Other: Book Print Paper (Wuthering Heights), Buttons (Papertrey Ink), Chocolate Lace (Hobby Lobby), Twine (Papertrey Ink), Decorative Pins (handmade), Pearl Pins (Dollarama), glue dots, foam squares, ATG tape, sewing machine stitching



9 comments:

auntpiggy said...

These are so lovely they make my heart hurt. Gorgeous,gorgeous work.

Pam W Merwin said...

What a great job you did with these colors! Love the stitching. I struggled too - this combination was way out of my comfort zone. But you don't grow until you stretch a little :-)

Judy said...

just beautiful... I really love the way you used the colors...
Judy

Marie said...

Both of your cards are beautiful. Love how you used this week's color combo.

Pat (mspfd) said...

These cards are works of art The more I look at them I keep finding more fabulous details incorporated into your designs. What beautiful work!

Theresa said...

Lisa these are GORGEOUS!! Wow I love both of them. The colors are perfect, the hat pins are fabulous. I love the red and the flowers. FABULOUS FABULOUS.

To answer your question: it took me a while to not be afraid to shade inside the circle. When you cut your circle out w/the nestability and then emboss it - leave the paper in the shape. Then take a sponge (I don't do well with daubers or makeup triangles) and put ink from the ink pad on it, then gently wipe it on a scratch paper and then in a circular motion put in on your paper. It comes out great!! Give it a try. You'll be hooked.

mplsbetty said...

Love your cards! Gorgeous! I haven't had time to make any cards for this weeks color combo, but I cannot wait.

Michelle said...

Great jobs! These cards are gorgeous! Love the lace and tattered flower!

Christine said...

Beautiful job on both he cards, they are gorgeous!

>

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin